For the latest Newsflash from The Duston...
The Duston School believes that teaching should challenge and inspire all students. We promote a culture of curiosity through a learning environment which closes gaps and accelerates progress. Students at The Duston School are confident and inquisitive learners who develop both the character and skills to be successful in life.
1. All students deserve access to teaching which enables them to make at least good progress.
2. Development is more important than measurement.
3. Teaching expertise doesn’t emerge from simply being evaluated.
4. Exemplary teaching looks and sounds different across different classrooms but builds on common elements that facilitate effective learning to occur.
5. Teachers, like students, learn best when there is ownership, engagement and the opportunity to reflect, implement and reflect again.